"A Girl's Gotta Eat!"

Monday, January 19, 2009

Missing You

So 2 years ago today someone I dated for about 2 minutes died & it broke my heart. Ian was a funny & very outgoing guy who had a lot to learn back when I knew him, at least as far as dating older women went. Ian was a stage actor & very good at it & he was very good at other things too but I won't bore you with those details. When Ian died we weren't speaking and hadn't spoken to each other in over a year due to his behavior & the fact that I didn't like it. I found out from a mutual friend that I had broken his heart when in all honesty he was a fun time for me. I really wish I had been more in the know back when things between him & I got tense but everything happens for a reason I guess. I can say that, a small part of me will forever feel guilty for breaking his heart, being oblivious to it, not speaking to him for a year & then attending his funeral without ever being able to say that I did in fact care about him & enjoyed his company. We were in 2 completely different stages of our lives when we met which was obvious to me but I don't think he saw it the same way. The last time I saw him he had just performed in a play & as I went to go over & hug him an old couple cut me off & all I was able to give him was a smile & wink so I hope that minuscule gesture let him know in some way that I will always be grateful for getting to know him & will always miss him. Ian was a character to say the least & the story of how we met & reconnected will forever remain one of my favorite stories that is very close to my heart.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: